- Figures released by the National Federation of Self Employed & Small Businesses Limited showed that the combined annual turnover of SME’s in the UK is a remarkable £1.8 trillion.
- This equates to 47% of all private sector turnover in the UK.
- Over 99% of UK businesses are SME’s.
- Approximately 60% of employees work for a SME.
- Small businesses have renewed confidence in 2017. Immediate post Brexit concerns saw a sharp decline in confidence, the levels restored to positive and pre-Brexit vote levels in January.
So, SME’s are strong and feel ready to face the challenges ahead. This is an encouraging start, however, if you are in a SME which is unsettled by the future and would like to be proactive about saving on expenditure today as a form of insurance for the unknown tomorrow or a firm that wishes to optimise its business tools so that when the shifts in trading occur you’re working at top level, please don’t neglect an integral business tool which could be costing your SME money and time.
Invest and save
Mailroom equipment may not be the first thing that leaps to mind when you look at business overheads but it’s a medium that’s used every day. Even 5-10 letters per day shows a cost difference which few businesses would care to support per annum.
Many business owners don’t realise that Royal Mail’s Mailmark products with the lowest pricing tariff and the optimum services are only available with smart technology franking machines. These machines are a wise investment, offer VAT reclaim advantages, are efficient and simple to use.
A standard franking machine or stamps drains your resources more than adopting the newest products.
1500 1st class small envelopes under 100 grams.
Stamps: 64p X 1500 = £960.
Standard franked mail: 53p X 1500 = £795.
Mailmark smart technology franked mail: 51p X 1500 = £765.
Smart franking machine rental at £16.99 per month costs less than £204 per annum.
Purchase of a smart franking machine costs £1000+. Overall, this will cost less than rental.
- Smart franking machines are authorised by Royal Mail.
- Companies like IMS Franking Machines in Aldermaston are approved by Royal Mail.
- The smart franking machine market is unique in the UK. Customers can purchase or rent franking machines.
- Online business supplies accounts for franking machine consumables and credit top-ups are convenient 24/7 tools.
- Mailmark post is treated as business post and this includes parcels.
- Services like special delivery or sign on delivery can be handled on the business premises.
This is one of the leading smart franking machine models for SME’s:
FP Postbase Qi3 for low to medium usage:
- A smart technology franking machine.
- Eligible for VAT reclaim benefits.
- Franks up to 30 items of mail per minute.
- 4.3” colour touch operating screen.
- Always the exact postage cost.
- A built in 3kg scale.
- Label dispenser.
- Letter tray.
- 2 USB ports and 1 LAN/Ethernet port for PC operation.
- 5 colour choices.
Post vote, pre-Brexit, get your enterprise ready for whatever tomorrow delivers